Routine history should be asked from the patient before starting the examination to make the patient comfortable.
1. Ask about last menstrual period (LMP).
2. Any symptoms concerning the patient such as pain, bleeding, and heaviness.
3. Previous obstetric history with details of abortions and types of previous delivery (vaginal/caesarean).
4. Previous USGs done so far.
5. Previous tests done (biochemical screening).
<16 weeks: Full bladder is required.
TVS can be used preferably up to 12 weeks (with empty bladder).
16–24 weeks: Partially distended bladder is sufficient.
>24 weeks: No preparation is required.