1. True or false: In the United States, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) regulates reactor-produced by-products, whereas the individual states regulate cyclotron-produced radioactive materials, including 18F-FDG.
2. Which title within the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) includes regulations related to nuclear medicine?
2. Parts 19, 20, 30, and 35 of title 10 of the CFR contain the regulations concerned with nuclear medicine.
3. Define the term “absorbed radiation dose” and describe the units.
3. The absorbed radiation dose is the amount of energy absorbed per unit mass. One gray (Gy, which is an SI unit) is equal to 1 joule per kilogram. One Gy is equal to 100 rads.
4. Define the term “equivalent radiation dose” and describe the units.
4. The equivalent radiation dose is the radiation-absorbed dose multiplied by a radiation weighting/quality factor. 1 Sv (SI unit) = 100 rem.
5. Define the term “effective dose.”
5. The effective dose is the sum of the weighted equivalent doses in all of the organs and tissues of the body.
6. True or false: Stochastic effects (such as cancer or other genetic effects) are no-threshold effects, whereas non-stochastic effects are deterministic effects that have a threshold.
7.Premium Wordpress Themes by UFO Themes
WordPress theme by UFO themes
- Log In
- More References
- Gold Member